Our Network Server administrator is responsible for maintaining server uptime through effective on-site and remote monitoring, maintenance and problem identification and resolution activities, as well as growing and developing the organizations IT infrastructure.
This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective utilization of provided resources and high service to all levels of the company. We are looking for an individual who is a problem solver and has a proven record of accomplishment of working within a team environment to successfully address challenging user computing issues, and is accustomed to leveraging technical training opportunities to improve their skills. If you have the experience and desire, we’d like you to apply.
Specific job duties
- Manage the IT infrastructure of hardware and software for multiple locations, including servers, routers, firewalls, switches, workstations, printers, wireless scanners, phone systems, VLANs, Hyper-V, security, and disaster recovery.
- Negotiate with suppliers for all service contracts relating to IT equipment and software maintenance and upgrades.
- Purchase all IT related hardware, software, and maintenance agreements.
- Maintain all IT hardware and software including updates and upgrades.
- Configure and fine tune all IT related hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot all hardware and software issues.
- Plan all future infrastructure upgrades and equipment replacement.
- Manage small IT staff.
- Assist users with computer, software, and printing issues and other helpdesk issues.
- Manage and arrange the disposal of retired equipment.
Demonstrated knowledge required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- Microsoft certification.
- 5+ years working in IT and in automated warehouse environment.
- Hands-On. Willing to perform simple to complex tasks and willing to work in a warehouse environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Active Directory.
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure – including firewalls, routers, switches, phones systems, wireless systems, and scanners, VLANs, and backups and disaster recovery.
- Able to work with personnel from all levels – Executives to warehouse.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and mastery in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in ERP systems and WMS preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL required.
- Good oral, written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to work before and after hours as required
- Knowledge of Mac OS a plus.