This position requires a self-motivated, well organized purchasing professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Qualified candidates will have 2-5 years’ experience in planning, purchasing and inventory management and Import/Export experience in dealing with overseas vendors. Responsibilities include:
- Prepare and issue purchase orders
- Maintain price list for vendors
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departments, domestic and international vendors, freight forwarders, customs and trucking companies
- Work closely with the Warehouse Manager and staff on inventory issues, shipping needs and packaging requirements.
- Maintain and update purchasing files, procedures, quotes, delivery dates, and pricing for all goods
- Arrange and coordinate all International and Domestic shipments with ocean freight carriers
- Contact suppliers and customers daily regarding status of export shipments and resolve all issues regarding shipments
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
What you need:
- BA/BS degree in related field preferred
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Bilingual (English/Mandarin) preferred, but not required.
- 2-5 years’ experience IN PURCHASING A PLUS
- Strong work ethics
- Import/Export experience in dealing with overseas vendors
- Must be results oriented and a problem solver
- Requires a great deal of flexibility to work effectively within an environment that has quickly changing deadlines
- Must possess a high level of professional verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate with all levels and internal management team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating a sense of urgency and accuracy
- Microsoft NAV experience a plus
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, medical/dental/vision, vacation, and 401K